Financial Planning is about:
Wealth Accumulation & Management
Estate & Tax Planning
The Financial planner applies expertise and commitment to assist the client in achieving life’s goals through proper management of finances.
What I do with my clients:
1- Identify your needs and objectives
2- Gather information
3- Prepare analysis
4- Develop a plan with goals
5- Implement your plan
6- Monitor your progress
Financial planning is a process with strategies put in place to achieve set goals but the process is flexible to adapt to changing circumstances and goals.
What I offer my clients:
1- Insurance options
2- Estate Planning
3- Income & Cash Flow Planning
4- Tax Planning
5- Multi-Generational Planning
6- Major Purchase Advice
7- Philanthropic Giving
Do any of these situations apply to you?
- Your family or business would suffer severe financial consequences should you die.
- Your Estate would experience a significant tax liability if you died today.
- You are shareholders of a private company.
- You own a business and are contemplating retirement and looking to transition the business to your children.
- You are shareholders of a holding company and looking for ways of extracting holding company assets in a tax-efficient manner.
- You have investment assets that you likely won’t need during their lifetime but don’t want to gift while living.
- You have a portion of your investment portfolio in fixed income assets. You would like to increase your after-tax rate of return without risk.
- You have investment assets that are generating taxable income and don’t need the income from these assets.
- You have maximized your pension, RRSP, and TFSA contributions and still have excess income or capital that you would like to invest in a tax-efficient investment.
- You have assets that you want to continue to own and control today, which you wish to transfer tax-efficiently to your family when you die.
The Strategic Process:
- Investment Management Strategy – Develop a personal investment policy statement that identifies your target asset allocation and investment objectives and the steps needed to implement the strategy.
- Retirement Planning Strategy – Identify changes you need to make in your current behaviour that will allow you to achieve his/her personal retirement goals and objectives.
- Education Planning Strategy – Identify what you need to do to achieve your children’s educational funding objectives.
- Needs in the Event of Death Strategy – Review your current situation in the event of death and develop a strategy that will ensure that your family is able to retain the lifestyle they are accustomed to.
- Needs in the Event of Disability or Critical Illness Strategy – Review your current situation in the event of disability and develop a strategy to ensure that your goals and objectives are achieved.
- Estate Planning Strategy – Perform a review of the estate situation to ensure that your wishes are carried out in the event of death. Also ensure that final estate costs and taxes are minimized.